Director of Supply Chain Management in Noblesville, IN
- This position will develop the supply chain strategy for the overall business, lead and direct many facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to, purchasing, logistics (domestic & international), warehousing (3PL), inventory management, material forecasting, contract negotiations (long term agreements), ERP implementation, low cost country sourcing & product cost reduction. Designs and executes strategies and plans to meet company’s short-term and long-term supply chain management/production control requirements.
- This position will serve as a role model by maintaining positive internal/external relationships; embracing and valuing diversity in all forms; promoting individual growth and development; and demonstrating a commitment to excellence in the achievement of company goals/objectives.
- The Director should monitor that all Supply Chain equipment is being operated safely.
- The Director of Supply Chain Management will develop, implement and continuously improve a fully functional supply chain management infrastructure.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in creating a world class supply chain management group
- Direct the activities of functions involved in the purchasing, planning, inbound supplier parts, as well as inbound logistics
- Manage inventory and establish controls to ensure the company is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Develop overall and implement a logistics strategy for both inbound and outbound materials.
- Develop and continuously improve supplier programs
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches
- Participate in the design and implementation of new ERP system and optimize its use
- Lead negotiation efforts for major contracts (Long Term Agreements, Customer/Partner agreements, etc)
- The Director of Supply Chain Management will develop and manage departmental budgets accordingly.
- Establish annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with corporate objectives, and manages performance to ensure attainment (i.e. Cost reduction (low cost country, strategy on line auctions, etc.), supplier rationalization, etc.
- Provides leadership, coaching, training and feedback to direct reports; defines expectations, monitors and
- Evaluates performance, appropriately rewards and holds team members accountable
- 10+ years progressive experience in purchasing and materials management roles
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- Medical device or regulated environment preferred
- Prior work experience in contract development, negotiation, and administration required
- BS Degree in related area with Masters or MBA preferred
- Advanced certifications are a plus. (examples, APIC, CPIM, CPSCP, SCPro™, PMP® or equivalents
- Six Sigma/Lean training are a plus
- Strategic Agility: Ability to think strategically with broad knowledge and perspective
- Anticipates future consequences and trends. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment using facts and a data driven process
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing large teams
- Builds constructive and effective relationships in order to work together in cooperation to accomplish organizational goals. Effectively participates in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, ability to collaborate both up and down management spectrum.
- Strong project management skills to lead and deliver on project requirements.
- Competency in the area of Supplier Quality/Development and non-conformance management.
- Well versed in Supplier development activities and expectations (PPAP, APQP, etc) and experience and knowledge in non-conformance materials management preferred.
- Experience in supplier health management and governance (i.e. supplier score cards) preferred.
- Knowledge of Import and Export operations, regulations and licensing preferred.
- Ability to problem solve by using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Probes all fruitful sources to uncover answers and looks beyond the obvious to uncover answers.
- Salary base of 145k
Click here to return to jobs archive