Finishing Engineer in Anderson, IN.
Responsible for assisting engineers in the development and implementation of engineering processes related to “hard turning” and “hard milling” CNC production operations related to the manufacturing of constant velocity joint (CVJs). Works closely with all related departments to support company objectives within a team based hands-on environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supports, develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods for machining operations.
· Assists engineers with testing and evaluating equipment, instruments and components to eliminate failures and increase productivity and quality.
· Maintains and edits NC cutting programs associated with turning and milling manufacturing processes.
· Assists with minor edit changes within programs to produce quality components that meet drawing limits and customer requirements
· Assists with planning and specifying tooling requirements for production, including jigs, fixtures or special cutting tools.
· Ensures that machine processes are running at optimum efficiency with correct speeds and feeds.
· Works with tight tolerances, verifying work data during trial production batch runs.
· Participates in cost reduction activities.
· Works closely with members of Manufacturing and Quality to support company targets for cost, quality and delivery.
· Assists with troubleshooting CNC machining set ups and processes to eliminate production problems.
· Demonstrates a good analytical approach to problem solving.
· Uses statistical methods to evaluate process performance vs. specification.
· Assists with installation and initial start-up of equipment.
· Maintains process routings, process drawings, CNC programs, and tooling lists.
· Interacts with tooling, equipment and sub-contract vendors to determine appropriate specifications of equipment, materials or services.
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
· 3+ year experience with NC/CNC equipment preferred.
· Working knowledge of NC machine G&M code and macro programming.
· Experience with hard turning and hard milling w/CBN and diamond type cutters a plus.
· Good hands on abilities (help, assist and perform).
· Experience working to fine tolerances with materials as hardened steel.
· Ability to read and understand Geometric Dimension and Tolerance included on blueprints and schematics.
· Effective problem solving skills.
· Good organizational skills (document control).
· Experience with CAD software (i.e. AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks) a plus.
· General shop fabrication skills a plus.
· FANUC CNC and Okuma lathe experience a plus.
· Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties while working under strict timelines to meet deadlines.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work well cross-functionally and communicate with internal and external parties
· Customer service and team oriented.
· Strong organization and time management skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Strict attention to safety.
· Reliable attendance and flexibility to work overtime, adjusted shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Previous experience in automotive manufacturing or in a multi-cultural environment a plus.
About Morales Group:
Morales Group Family of Services deliver measurable results for your specific staffing needs and streamlined solutions for an array of industries. We draw upon the unique spirit and ability of a globally diverse workforce to enhance our clients’ business agility, productivity and competitiveness.