Material Coordinator in Louisville, KY
Material Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all new part, supplier and OEM setups in GICS/In sequence
- Participates in 8D report preparation when required
- Develop weekly production schedule based on 866 weekly plan from customer.
- Assists in monthly billing
- Review client web portal for updated information and input data into the client web portal.
- Interfaces with carriers and sets up pickups/deliveries as needed
- Assists in the preparation of shipping documents
- Maintains records as assigned
- Answers incoming calls into the facility
- Ensures the timeliness and accuracy of ASN’s for outgoing shipments
- Responsible for ensuring all necessary paperwork is sent to the customer on a daily basis
- Provides responsive communication with customers as needed
- Supports facility personnel to ensure the assigned duties are performed
- Communicates late deliveries, order changes, missed information and tracking numbers to customers as needed
- Provides responses and/or details on shipments/receipts in customer’s systems, and reports as required
- Attends QOS meetings as required
- Responsible for data entry/manipulation
- Assist with daily cycle counts and order discrepancies to ensure orders close properly.
- Creates order pick tickets to ensure FIFO procedures are followed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend English
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of warehousing preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to learn WMS systems.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to operate a forklift is preferred but not required
- 1st shift
- $16 the hour