Materials Planner in Louisville, KY 40258
Materials Planner Responsibilities
- Expect to be walking/moving around on a daily basis
- The Materials Planner primary responsibilities are supporting the plant master production schedule by analysis of the MRP requirements and communicating with suppliers and involved Louisville departments
- Ensure that the supply of materials meets the production schedule
- Maintain a balanced manufactured, and purchased parts inventory
- Monitor inventory for inaccuracies
- Vendor quality
- Assist and support physical inventory
- Assist/support the Danfoss Productivity Program (DPP) Lean initiatives as required
- Daily processing of planned purchase orders
- Place purchase orders with suppliers and follow-up when necessary to avoid stockouts.
- Ensure accuracy of purchase order due dates.
- Setup sales orders and customize Bill of Materials based on design setup.
- Promise customer orders based on the availability of material and capacity. Release production orders to manufacturing based on material availability.
- Provide information to customer service regarding order status. Work with manufacturing to ensure on-time delivery of products.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements to lower inventory, reduce stockouts and to improve on-time delivery.
- Maintain Master Data information in the ERP System (Axapta).
- Create and/or publish planning reports as required
- Complete special projects and assignments as required.
Materials Planner Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering (Industrial or Production), or Business Administration
- Three or more years relevant work experience
- Computer literacy
- Ability to apply concepts of planning and MRP systems
- Knowledgeable of SAP or an equivalent ERP software
- Ability to self-start and perform with minimal supervision
- Team player and ability to fit into an established team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform in often stressful, multi-task environment
- APICS certification a plus
- U.S. Work Authorization
- Understanding of, and ability to perform, key tasks and responsibilities as outlined above in existing business software
- Ability to apply knowledge and understanding of SAP a plus
- Willingness to adapt and accept new tasks not previously described
- Resourcefulness and ability to self-start
- Experience with: lean manufacturing principles (i.e. Kanban, Pull, kitting systems) in a continuous improvement environment; planning with small batch sizes and high product variation (i.e. MTS, MTO, and ATO logistics); advanced Excel functions (i.e. pivot tables, vlookup, functions, etc.); product segmentation and analysis methodologies (i.e. ABC matrix, Pareto); problem-solving tools (i.e. 8D, Ishikawa, 5W)
Materials Planner Salary
Materials Planner Shift
- Day Shift
- 40 hours a week
- Overtime is likely and mandatory when needed
- Materials Planner should expect to work additional hours