Process raw materials into desired product, meeting production demands by operating mechanical equipment in a safe and effective manner. Assists in maintaining all minor and major facility functions. This job description is an overview of the current job duties required for this position; although not all inclusive, its purpose is to familiarize you with its requirements. Additionally, other job duties may be added or deleted as this form may be periodically updated.
Specific job duties of the Production Clerk may include:
- Product Knowledge: understands sizes, varieties, sensitivity, location, and background of products.
- Processing Procedure: applies all rules and regulations within the company guidelines; shall conform to Good Manufacturing Practices as outlined in the FreshLine Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure the food safety of all products produced; process product through desired specifications; ensure quality and quantity of product for usage; proper labeling of finished product; verify proper weight for product; assists in all matters pertaining to the FreshLine production operations as directed.
- Customer Care: understanding of preferences for the various customer bases; ensuring proper quality and quantity for customer orders; expresses neatness and care through proper order selection.
- Equipment Operations: understands and is properly trained on how to operate and maintain mechanical equipment; Knives and other cutting tolls may be used. Complies with facility rules in regards to usage and traffic flow; enforces safe and effective use of equipment among fellow associates.
- Facility Maintenance: maintains upkeep and cleanliness of facility; creates an organized and workable environment; respects all company property and equipment.
- Professionalism: completion of paperwork neatly and legibly; ability to communicate effectively; ability to assist and go above what is asked; expresses concern and care for the company and fellow associates; develops proper tools that makes a good leader.
- Must be flexible to work Sun-Sat, OT required.
Being available to work in a cold environment. Stand for long periods of time.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Slip resistant shoes
Requirements for a Production Clerk:
- Bend, twist, stoop and lift on a continuous and repetitive basis.
- Lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without mechanical assistance.
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds frequently without mechanical assistance.
- Bend to 90-degree angle in order to perform warehouse maintenance.
- Stand and walk on concrete floors for extended periods of time.
- Withstand instant temperature changes and various surroundings: wet, dry, 34-41 degrees and high humidity.
- Visual acuity to read paperwork.
- Usage of both feet for repetitive motions.
- Usage of both hands for repetitive actions such as: simple/firm grasping.
- Operate manual and electrical machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate machinery for long periods of time.
- Hear oncoming traffic in all areas of the warehouse.
- 30% Lifting 50% Standing 20% Walking