Full-time Standards Technician in Houston, TX.
Summary of Standards Technician:
The Standards Technician performs contract review and issues job instructions. Works with the production team to develop new applications. Performs met lab sample preparation and evaluation, customer parts inspection, and customer invoicing on an as-needed basis.
Responsibilities of Standards Technician:
- Upon receipt of a customer orders, prepares the necessary paperwork for the documentation of work specifications including but not limited to customer name, part name/number, dimension or coating area, coating thickness, traverse speed, number of passes, masking, tooling and inspection instruction
- Secures all appropriate data necessary for a complete order; ie., pricing, quotes, quantities, shipping schedules, and purchase orders
- Contacts customers and other outside sources as necessary to ensure accuracy of order and timely delivery of same
- Uses Windows NT operating system and Office 2000 to generate routers, create OVS RFQ’s, issue certifications, create customer invoices and shipping documents and communicate via email
- Takes the lead in setting up new applications. Works closely with the production team to develop coating techniques, tooling concepts, and coating instructions
- Assists in evaluating and responding to customer complaints and problems, minimizing inconvenience and dissatisfaction. Acts as a liaison between the customer, sales and production teams
- The candidate will become a certified met lab technician and will be responsible to develop proficiency and cover the lab duties on an as-needed basis.
- Carry out customer invoicing on an as needed basis
- Function as outside vendor services representative. Issue RFQ’s and purchase requests, arrange to truck and follow up on vendor performance. Perform vendor visits to ensure compliance
- Perform Liquid Penetrant Inspection to the applicable equipment/material manufacturer’s instructions
Requirements of Standards:
- High School Diploma / GED required
- Must be willing to participate in extensive computer training in Office 2000, Lotus Notes and Oracle.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and possess good problem-solving skills
$25.00 to $27.00 /year