Material Handler in Lafayette, IN
Paying: $16.65-$16.80 per hour
Responsibility of Material Handler:
- Assemble a variety of subassemblies and complete units of varying weights
- Following blueprints, sketches and instructions
- Fit and align components to close tolerances using hand and power tools
- Perform a range of mechanical, electrical, strength, fluid/pressure tests, and make final adjustments
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace.
- Ability to understand and follow applicable company and regulatory safety and environmental procedures.
- Ability to understand and correctly utilize appropriate PPE equipment as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Supervisors/Management.
- Will train on 1st shift and then go to 2nd shift
Requirements of Material Handler:
- Knowledge of Gear Assembly a Process a Plus
- Ability to use and read precision measuring tools
- Proficient in use of calipers and mics
- Ability to read blueprints and proficient in measuring dimensions on blueprints
- Understand and study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, and sample parts to specify and calculate dimensions and characteristics of finished product
- Measure, examine, and test completed unit to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Previous experience in Gear Product Assembly preferred