Direct hire Quality Assurance Engineer in Greencastle, IN.
Summary for the Quality Assurance Engineer:
The New Model Quality Assurance Engineer will support the company in performing advanced product quality planning for new products. An amount of time not to exceed 30% may also be devoted to supporting documentation and data requirements for process changes to current mass-production parts (eg. internal and/or supplier Process Change Requests)
Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Coordinate new model planning activities in a cross-functional team which includes engineering, production control, manufacturing, and Japanese associates both within the company and at our parent company
- The successful team member must develop a good working knowledge of the Subaru NexPrise document submission system
- Develop critical new model product documentation, including inspection standards, control plans, ballooned drawings, QVA & QVB reports (part testing & dimensional data), and appearance approval reports
- Provide project management for critical tasks including working with Japan on the development of part dimensional fixtures, working with purchasing on ordering necessary component parts from suppliers (including CKD parts from Japan and customer-provided material), and working with production to schedule trial part runs
- Ensure the quality assurance department remains on-schedule in the submission of customer-required new model documentation, and participate in and manage the dimensional measurement of trial parts
- Maintain tracking spreadsheets for project status and problem follow-up sheets for part trials
- Lead cross-functional PFMEA teams, and work with production to incorporate quality counter measures and lessons learned from current and past mass-production parts
- Provide systems support to the company in the employee’s areas of responsibility (travel 10% max)
- Participate and lead 5s and continuous improvement activities of various types, as opportunities arise
- This position has the responsibility and authority to stop production or shipment in the event of nonconformity
Physical requirements for the Quality Assurance Engineer:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education requirements for the Quality Assurance Engineer:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology, or related field from accredited four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Related experience includes:
- 2 years experience programming machine controls (Allen Bradley or Mitsubishi)
- 2 years experience using GML (Graphical Motion Language) in machine programming
- Understanding the concept of how to Visual Basic, C or C++ interface operates
- Knowledge in programming and configuring servo controllers
- Experience in programming and maintenance of Fanuc, Motoman, Kawasaki
- Experience with electronic data collection and analysis software
- Experience with assembly processes for automotive components
- Experience in statistical data interpretation and analysis (e.g.SPC)
- Strong cause-effect analytical abilities to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
Compensation for the Quality Assurance Engineer:
- $50k-$65K annually
- 1st shift Monday-Friday