Working Team Lead – Indianapolis, IN
Working Team Lead in Indianapolis, IN.
- Reads lists/orders and performs work as assigned by department supervisor or foreman.
- Fabricates, manufactures, and assembles (builds) residential and/or commercial track and/or assemblies.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
- Uses hands and Sit-down forklift equipment in the movement garage door track or related products.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned. (This is a heavy lifting position)
- Lead and coordinate all activities related to a performance-based shift to maximize productivity while maintaining quality according to all site-specific standards. Oversee and impact production workflow and associate performance through effective leadership and coaching, ensuring adequate and visible on-floor presence.
- Conduct orientations & training for new associates.
- Monitor attendance, safety, productivity, and quality of Performance Associates. Make prompt decisions on personnel and employee relation issues and notify Supervisor and engage Human Resources when appropriate.
- Ensure a safe working environment and report all hazardous conditions/equipment to his/her manager immediately. Report and investigate all workplace injuries in compliance with company policy
- Complete and submit all reports, forms and requests timely and accurately, including daily production data, timesheets and attendance updates.
- Other duties as assigned
- Standing: up to 12 hrs.
- High School/GED Required
- Use of both hands, arms and shoulders (full range of motion)
- Able to Manually lift and move all products by hand
- Walking for extended periods of time
- Must know how to operate a sit down forklift, industrial equipment, saws, riveters, carts, drills, banders, pallets, and all other equipment related to garage door track and other related assemblies
- Lifting up to 80+ lbs. repeatedly throughout a possible 12-hour shift
- Required to talk, hear, read and write
- Able to accurately use tape measure and read fabrication lists or orders and apply that information to product being manufactured.
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel (full dexterity)
- Able to work safely and competently with heavy products and industrial equipment
- Able to perform all requirements at a fast rate of speed in order to keep up with the production line’s needs
- 1st shift – 8AM-4PM (M-F)
- 2nd shift- 4PM-12:00AM (M-F)
- 3rd shift- 12AM-8AM (Sunday-Thursday)