Each year, the Indy Chamber’s Hispanic Business Council gathers corporate and civic leaders from across the Indianapolis region to recognize five individuals paving the way for Hispanic progress in our community at Conexión: 5 for 500. Morales Group is a proud associate sponsor of this year’s event.
At the May 17, 2022 event, attendees and sponsors celebrated community leaders, heard from local officials and motorsports professionals including Mexican racecar driver Pato O’Ward, and enjoyed an afternoon at the Brickyard. The event followed an agenda of networking, lunch, as well as the Hispanic Business Council’s awards ceremony.
The Hispanic Business Awards recognize five individuals for their leadership and impactful contributions to Indianapolis’s Hispanic business community.
- Advocacy Award – Amanda Bonilla, Executive Director for Student Diversity, Equity and Belonging at Ivy Tech, Co-Founder of Women’s Equity Brunch
- This award recognizes a leader who supports important causes in the Hispanic community through personal and professional commitment.
- Vision Award – Miriam Acevedo, President and CEO at La Plaza
- This award recognizes a professional leader whose contributions in different fields have made a positive impact on the general community.
- Leadership Award – Kiamesha-Sylvia G. Colom
- This award recognizes a leader who inspires and has a solid history of community involvement and volunteerism.
- Business Impact Award – Mercedes Enrique, President at CMS Corporation
- This award recognizes a small business owner who leads their business honoring the most important values in the Hispanic culture: self-belief, risk-taking, family-first, hard work ethic, and deep pride in heritage.
- Trailblazer Award – Carla McDaniel
- This award recognizes an entrepreneur or young professional who has shown leadership skills and the values of the Hispanic culture.
Attendees also learned about supplier diversity opportunities with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the importance of minority certification with the City of Indianapolis and what opportunities are currently available.
Fellow sponsors of the conference alongside Morales Group included partner groups Indy Eleven, Keystone Construction, Telemundo Indy, as well as Regions, AES Indiana, Kurieta, and 107.1 Radio Latina.
Morales Group’s Chief Marketing and Innovation Officer, Jackie Morales, serves on the board of the Hispanic Business Council for the Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce. As a certified Minority Business Enterprise, Morales Group is committed to growing the Hispanic business community and elevating Hispanic professionals.
You can find Indy Chamber on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. The next Conexión event is in August, and you can RSVP at indychamber.com/events.
With the collaboration of supplier diversity programs in the Indy Region, more Hispanic and Latino entrepreneurs can prepare to do business with groundbreaking projects. Conexión events are more than a networking opportunity. They are a platform that creates space for Hispanic business owners to have an equal seat at the table of groundbreaking work that impacts the entire region.