Contract Labor Jobs
Interested in one of the hundreds of temp to hire contract labor jobs hiring now? Click here to learn where to find contract labor jobs and build a career. By the way, we’re hiring!
Contract Labor Jobs Available Now
Material Handler and Forklift
$14 - $15 an hour 2nd shift
$15 an hour Monday - Friday 2nd 2:45pm - 11pm
frankfort, IN Detail
$19 an hour 2nd shift 1pm-9:30pm 3rd shift 11:55pm- 8:30am
shelbyville, IN Detail
$17.39 + $1.25 bonus an hour 2nd shift Monday-Friday 3 PM-11:30 PM 3rd shift- Monday-Friday 11 PM-7:30 AM Weekend shift-…
$12.50-$13 an hour 1st and 2nd shift
columbus, IN Detail
contract labor jobs
Contract labor jobs, also known as independent contractors, are jobs that hire workers who work under an individual contract and are never hired on full-time by a company. Although they are not hired on full-time they generally work just as many hours as a traditional full-time employee does, and in some cases, they work more hours. While this may be the case, there are some things that will set a contract laborer apart from a traditional employee. Those things are as follows:
- A contract labor worker will submit their own invoice for hours they have worked and projects they have completed
- A contract labor worker has the ability to negotiate the number of hours they work
- A contract labor worker is generally required to use their own equipment to complete projects they are assigned to
- A contract labor worker can be let go of a project they are on at any given time. If that happens it does not break the contract that they are under
- A contract labor worker does not receive benefits including Social Security, health insurance, state unemployment, worker’s compensation, Family Medical Leave Act, and other things of this sort.
- Since a contract labor worker is under contract, they will be given a 1099 tax form at the end of the year; this is due to them being independent workers.
Contract labor workers require a contractual agreement prior to doing work because they are independent contractors. The details of the contract will vary depending on the company that the contract labor worker will be doing work for, but generally a company will have an attorney that will draw up the contract that will go into details for the contract worker.
There are a lot of details that go into getting things started with a contract labor worker, but one of the first things that one should do when looking for a contract labor job is find the best place for yourself to work.
It may not seem like it, but there are some simple ways that you can find a contract labor job. One of the best ways to find a contract labor job is to go to your favorite search engine and look for jobs hiring near me. While this may bring up a host of jobs, you can always go through the jobs and find a contract labor job you your liking.
Just as you can do a Google search for jobs hiring near me, you can narrow your search to your liking and do a search of contract labor jobs hiring near me. This will bring up all of the contract labor jobs you may want to apply for within a particular area that is close to you.
Another route you may want to consider going when you are looking for a contract labor job is looking on Craigslist. A good point of going on the internet to look for certain things is that you can curtail your search specifically to the city you are in, near, or going to be moving to. Here are some of the searches you can do when you are looking to use Craigslist to find contract labor jobs:
- Craigslist Indianapolis: This will bring up all of the contractor labor jobs that are available in the city of Indianapolis. This is a good search because it will narrow down the results that you will receive. It will make things a lot easier for you to find the best contractor labor job in Indianapolis.
- Craigslist Louisville: This search will result in contract labor jobs that will be found in the area of Louisville. It is good to know that a job you will take the time to apply for is going to be in the city that you want it to be.
- Craigslist USA: This will result in all contract labor jobs that are available in the country. This is a good choice if you are looking for a job that is anywhere. If you have the freedom and flexibility to go anywhere to do contract labor work, this may be the best option for you.
- Craigslist Bloomington: This will give you results within the city of Bloomington, Indiana. If you are in Bloomington or near Bloomington this is something you may want to consider when you are doing your search.
- Craigslist Lafayette, Indiana: This, just like the others will bring out results for contract labor jobs that will solely be geared towards the city of Lafayette, Indiana.
- Craigslist Indianapolis General: This search is a little different; it will give a general look at the city of Indianapolis and things that are available there. You may need to do a lot of searching to find the contract labor jobs that are available there.
Daytime Part Time Jobs Near Me
Due to the fact that contract laborers are not full-time employees and do not have set hours per se to work, you may be looking to do contract labor work on a part-time basis. If that is the case, it will be easy for you to look for daytime part-time jobs near me, no experience. Doing a search such as this will allow you to see all of the opportunities available for you to go for and submit a contract to. Part-time hours may be extremely beneficial for you, if this is the case you should consider looking for daytime positions that are available on a part-time level that will still let you do your contract labor work as you desire to.
There is a reason why alternative and independent workers make up around 10% of our nation’s workforce. Often skilled, these workers are able to add worth to companies of all sectors by giving them plasticity in terms of hours/days worked, lengths of employment, and the fact that most come with their own equipment to do the job such as tools, computers, cars, etc.
With that said, there is a host of other ways companies can benefit from contract labor. Here are some of the often-overlooked advantages that most would not consider:
- Contractors usually cost less than employees. According to data published by Chron, independent contractors cost companies 20% to 30% less than employees, even when the hourly breakdown is similar. This is because employers are not required to pay the contractor’s benefits
- Contractors can maintain flexible positions. Employers have much more flexibility when it comes to contractors. This is especially true in situations where employers might wish to extend a project – or even complete one earlier than expected. Because contractors require no real promises in terms of employment length, the employer must only adhere to the stipulations made in the initial contract.
As with all labor statutes in this country, things can vary greatly depending upon the state and local laws, especially when it comes to things like workers’ compensation. This is why it is important to have a trusted legal professional review your blended workforce staffing plan before you enact it.
Work from Home Jobs
There are a lot of work from home jobs these days which you may find beneficial. Remote work has a lot of advantages for workers. There are some major benefits for you that you may want to consider when are looking to work remotely from home.
- There is a better balance between work and life. A lot of remote jobs come with the flexibility of a schedule that many enjoy. This can mean that you are able to begin and end your day as you choose to; in a lot of cases, if your work is complete and good and will result in strong outcomes, when you start and end is not of a lot of concern. This is something that can be greatly appreciated when it comes to dealing with needs you may have in your personal life. There are a lot of tasks that can be handled and balanced a lot better when you work remotely.
- You do not have to deal with stress that comes along with your commute to work. For most, a one-way commute to work can last from 27 to 30 minutes; that is just about an hour for most on a daily basis getting to work and back home. This time can be a lot longer if you must sit in traffic for any reason and can come with stress that is never really wanted.
- Location independence: One major benefit of working from home is having access to a broad range of jobs that aren’t limited to a specific geographic location. This can be helpful for those that may be in a rural community or small towns where there may not be as many local positions available and it can be more difficult to find a job. Also, for those that must move frequently for whatever reason, remote work is something you can take anywhere with you and do as you go along.
- Improved inclusivity: remote work allows companies to become more diverse and inclusive by hiring people from various geographic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds that they may not have considered or had access to do so without remote work.
- You’re able to save more money. Those that can work from home are able to save a lot more money… one can save up to $4,000 a year. You don’t have to worry about expending a lot of gas in traffic, you don’t have to maintain your car as often; parking fees, a work wardrobe isn’t necessary and you don’t have to think on spending money for lunch. All of this will add up quickly for you.
Lives We Impact
Mara Zobehida Fuentes
Mara Rodriguez had a good childhood growing up in Guatemala. It was filled with the comfort and camaraderie of a large extended family—spending a lot…Read More
Gina Cozzarelli had a good life in Ecuador where she and her husband, Wilson, were both practicing dentists. With their daughter, Paola, they had a…Read More